YAMAHA AVENTAGE - MX-A5000
Absolute Quality, Massive Power.11 channel Power Amplifier delivers top-grade AVENTAGE Series performance. Incredibly clean, transparent output at all power levels. High rigidity chassis, high sound quality parts and reliable balanced connection for optimum performance, with flexible system building.
- 11 channel overwhelming power amplification
- 150 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- — 170 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- — 290 W per channel (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven [European Model])
- 280 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD, 1 ch driven, JEITA)
- Custom-made large-size toroidal transformer
- Current feedback power amp with Three-stage Darlington circuit
- 27,000 uF custom block capacitors
- Specially designed high rigidity chassis and highest quality parts
- Noise resistant XLR balanced connections
- Biamping capability with channel selector
- High quality gold-plated speaker terminals
- Auto Power Standby
- Handy trigger control (trigger in / out and through out)
- Detachable high quality thick AC cable
Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout
This is just one of the many design details that all combine to create a superior receiver. The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed and built so that the left and right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This naturally maximises channel separation, but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio and also helps to achieve a wide, open sound stage.
Noise Resistant, Highly Reliable Balanced Connection
Electrical noise may be generated due to connection with other AV components and even to the connection between them, as well as from other sources of external noise. To ensure that the MX-A5000 and CX-A5100 are not affected by this distortion, they use balanced connections that are highly noise resistant—the same type generally used in pro audio equipment. Even the RCA unbalanced connection uses a ground sensing transmission method that achieves simple balanced transmission. And in cases such as that where each channel with the XLR is used selectively, the impact of noise flowing between the pre-amp and the chassis of the power amp is removed, minimising sound quality deterioration due to the connection.
Auto Power Standby
Using less power saves money and is friendly to the earth. The MX-A5000 has an Auto Power Standby function that will turn the power off after eight hours. It can be turned on and off via a rear panel switch, and will be overridden by the Trigger function.
Trigger Control for Synchronised Power On/Off
The trigger function allows automatic power synchronisation with other components that support this function. Connecting a preamp, for example, to the Trigger In jack turns the power on and off together with the preamp. Connecting another component such as a subwoofer to the Trigger Out jack syncs the power of that component to the MX-A5000. In addition, the input from the Trigger In jack can be output in a cascade connection to control the power of another component such as another power amplifier (Through Out).
Speaker Impedance Selection
The Impedance Selector on the rear panel ensures that the MX-A5000 is in conformity with speakers of various impedances you may use.
– CH.2 A/B: 4 ohms or more (8 ohms or more when using CH.2 A and CH.2 B at the same time)
– Other channels: 6 ohms or more