Arcam - AR‐SOLO‐MOVIE
Out of stock
A decade ago, Solo redefined the style and performance of compact Hi-Fi & Movie systems, bringing Arcam’s legendary sound quality into ‘non Hi-Fi’ homes.
Out of stock
A decade ago, Solo redefined the style and performance of compact Hi-Fi & Movie systems, bringing Arcam’s legendary sound quality into ‘non Hi-Fi’ homes. The new Solo movie delivers music and movie sound at a quality level previously only possible from large separate components.
Featuring a BD/DVD/SACD/CD drive and 250W of amplification in a stylish, low-resonance enclosure, the Solo movie provides high-quality room-filling sound. Four HDMI™(1.4b), coax, optical, phono and 3.5mm line inputs allow for flexible system building without being over complex. Audio can also be streamed to the movie via Bluetooth and also UPnP network either wired or wirelessly. Finally an FM/ DAB/DAB+ tuner is available. On board decoding of all current HD audio formats ensure that absolutely no sonic detail is lost. The movie is supplied with a multi-page learning backlit remote control.
5 x 60W (all channels driven 8Ω)
5 x 75W (all channels driven 4Ω)
1 x BD/DVD/SACD/CD, 4 x HDMI, 1 x SPDIF, 1 x optical,
1 x FM/DAB/DAB+, 1 x USB,
1 xRJ45 (Net)/Wi-Fi, 1 x line, 1 x 3.5mm
W420 x H90 x D414mm
- Audiophile “Complete Stereo System in a Box”
- CD & SACD support
- Bluetooth with aptX™ streaming technology
- High-end audio circuitry and components
- Breathtaking Class G amplification
- Multi-function learning backlit remote
- 4 HDMI inputs
- Best-in-class design and sound quality – same superior, fully discrete design and high-quality parts as its big brothers.
- Flexible turn on – audio sensing turn on or external trigger.
- Front panel volume control allows you to use the a-100 as an integrated amplifier or control zone levels.
- Heavy duty power supply with large toroidal transformer.
- Temperature activated forced air cooling – put the a-100 almost anywhere.
- Loop output allows easy daisy chaining multiple units.
- Full sized 5-way binding posts make it easy to attach heavy gauge wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Dual colour, illuminated ring on the volume control indicates power, fault, or standby status.
- New sophisticated Gen 2 styling.
- User selectable AC line voltage; 115 VAC or 230 VAC.
- Complete disc solution: plays all Red Book stereo audio CDs, HDCDs, MP3 CDs, and the Red Book layer of hybrid SACDs.
- Audiophile sound quality through superior design: Analog Devices AD1955 high-performance DAC with multiple isolated and well-filtered linear power supplies for analog and digital circuitry.
- Versatile analog connectivity: both balanced and unbalanced analog outputs are provided.
- Works great as a transport, too; Toslink optical, coax, and AES/EBU outputs provided.
- High-quality construction throughout: reinforced steel chassis with additional mass loading to minimize interference and vibration, machined solid aluminum faceplate, a high-reliability tray loading mechanism, and machined gold-plated output connections.
- Easy to use: full front panel controls with blue halo illumination, high visibility alphanumeric status display, and solid machined aluminum remote control.
- Take it anywhere: user selectable universal line voltage operation for 110-120V or 220-240V AC.
- Easy to integrate: standard trigger input and output.
BEST STREAMER $1000-$2000
“The Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 is as captivating as ever, with its new functionality making it an even better proposition than before.” – What Hi-Fi!
IMPROVEMENTS ON THE ORIGINAL
Thanks to the new processor architecture, the Stream Magic 6 V2 is more than four times more powerful than the Stream Magic 6 original and over twice as fast, delivering smoother, lower jitter playback of your music. This extra processing power also means that the Stream Magic 6 V2 can play everything from compressed MP3 formats, up to 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality files wirelessly over your home network, or from connected USB hard drives.
ALL THE POWER OF SPOTIFY, BUILT-IN
Spotify is the world’s most popular streaming service, and we are proud to announce that Spotify Connect is now integrated with the Stream Magic 6 V2.
If you subscribe to Spotify Premium, you can control the Stream Magic 6 V2 with the powerful Spotify Connect app on your phone or tablet. And because Spotify is built-in, you can still take calls or use other apps – the music never stops.
CONNECTING YOUR DIGITAL MUSIC AND HI-FI SYTEM
Wherever your digital audio comes from, whatever format you store it in, the Stream Magic 6 V2 network music player makes it sound amazing!
From smartphones/tablets and laptops, to Blu-ray players, TVs and games consoles, and with support for audio streaming services including BBC iPlayer, Aupeo, and Pandora plus access to over 20,000+ Internet radio stations – the Stream Magic 6 V2 doesn’t just stream audio on to your hi-fi amp and speakers, but dramatically improves it as it does – bringing out the ultimate in detail, clarity and quality from your digital audio.
By using our unique digital signal processor (DSP) in combination with our adaptive time filtering (ATF2) upsampling process, all your audio is now upsampled to a high quality 24-bit/192kHz output. Find out more about this impressive technology in the video opposite.
UPSAMPLING AUDIO MAGIC
Everything that passes through the Stream Magic 6 V2 is upsampled, using our unique ATF2 (Adaptive Time Filtering) process, developed in conjunction with Anagram Technologies of Switzerland, through a high-end Analog Devices DSP (Digital Signal Processor), to ultra-high detail 24-bit 384kHz output.
As well as dragging extra detail from every source (even CD, Blu-ray and “Lossless” digital files), ATF2 virtually eliminates “jitter” common in playing digital audio files – which can lead to a flatter, lifeless sound with tinnier bass response. Those problems vanish when digital audio’s put through Stream Magic 6 V2.
REMOTE APP FOR IPHONE, IPAD AND ANDROID
Use our free Stream Magic Remote app to bring full control of Stream Magic 6 V2 to your fingertips. Access music stored across your home network and gain full and instant control of all supported streaming services and internet radio platforms, with track information and album art displayed on your device automatically. Deep-level control means you can also edit favorite stations and streams and queue up playlists that will continue to play even if the device you queued it up on isn’t present.
- Free for Apple iPhone and iPad, and Android devices
- Full control of Stream Magic network music player
- Built-in support for streaming music services including BBC iPlayer radio, Aupeo and Pandora
- Browse and play tracks from UPnP laptops/computers and NAS drives over your network
- Search, browse and listen to 20,000+ Internet radio stations
- Artist and song information, as well as album artwork, automatically displayed
- Create playlists that work even if your device is off or out of network range
- Add internet radio station presets for easy recall later
OPTIONAL BT100 FOR MAXIMUM DIGITAL QUALITY
You can add the optional BT100 to your Stream Magic 6 V2 to wirelessly stream audio from smartphones, tablets, laptops and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. And if your device supports the high-end audio apt-X CODEC, you can stream audiophile-quality music from your device.
SOUNDS AMAZING WITH….
Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe Edition)
The 2014 remastering of Led Zepplin’s second album sounds incredible on the Stream Magic 6 and is available in hi-res 24bit/96kHz. The original was recorded in 1969 and this remastering gives it a fresh breath of clarity and detail. Our favorite track is Ramble On; melodic, lyrical genius with an awesome guitar lick.
Impressive audio performance with a wide range of useful features. This integrated amplifier provides connectivity with a wide range of source devices such as a Turntable, CD Player, Bluetooth adapter or TV.
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and high quality parts
- – I/O (input to output) Direct Symmetrical Design
- – ART (Anti-Resolution and Tough) Base
- – Custom-made power transformer / 12,000uF block capacitors / Aluminum-extruded heat sinks
- 120W x 2 (max), 85W x 2 (RMS) high power output
- Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- Continuous Variable Loudness Control
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA (CD, Phono) and coaxial terminals
- Digital audio inputs for TV or Blu-ray Player
- Simple yet sophisticated design (aluminium front panel and knobs)
- Auto Power Standby
Arcam’s A29 integrated amplifier represents another major step forward for Arcam’s stereo audio engineering. We set out to incorporate everything we have learnt in almost 40 years to deliver an amplifier that will set new standards and provide class leading sound quality for the best possible reproduction of your music.