YAMAHA - MusicCast 20
It’s how we connect. The MusicCast 20 delivers versatile listening with ease – able to be used as a standalone speaker, paired, or acting as surround speakers with a compatible MusicCast AV receiver or sound bar.
- Music streaming services built-in
- MusicCast multi-room technology
- Alexa voice control compatibility* (*Availability varies by region)
- High-Resolution Audio
- Stereo pairing (requires 2 units)
- Ability to be used as surround speakers with an AV receiver or sound bar* (*Select MusicCast models only)
- Soft-touch, simple presets for instant playback
Explore a world of music with music streaming services* built-in. Syncing your playlists and song likes from your smart phone or computer to the MusicCast 20, music streaming services make it impossibly easy to either listen to your faves or discover new music.
*Streaming service availability varies by region.
MusicCast takes the headache out of multi-room audio. Simply connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home.
Take MusicCast for a test drive by downloading the free MusicCast app and using it demo mode.
“Alexa, ask MusicCast to play Favourite 1 in the kitchen.”
With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The MusicCast 20 offers full compatibility with Amazon’s range of voice control devices.
Welcome to the smart home.
*Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa varies by region.
Good sound should never tie you down. The MusicCast 20 lets you connect the way you want to – wirelessly. Whether via Bluetooth® or over Wi-Fi with AirPlay®, the wireless connection makes it quick and easy to get the party started.
And for all those home theatre buffs out there, the MusicCast 20 can be used at the back of the room, replacing the need for surround sound speakers.
Connecting wirelessly to a MusicCast AV receiver* means no more having to run speaker cable around the room.
Specially designed for custom integration of whole home audio systems, the “AMP” serves as a companion amplifier for the Yamaha XDA-QS5400RK to expand speaker coverage and/or increase power output. It may also be used to expand secondary zone speaker coverage for Yamaha AV receivers that have Zone pre outs.
- Works together with Yamaha XDA-QS5400RK to expand speaker coverage in custom integrated multi-room audio systems
- Eight channels of audiophile-grade Class D amplification, bridgeable and 4-ohm capable, featuring a unique ground loop/hum-free circuit design
- Four audio buses and included jumpers allow for wide variety of speaker configurations
- Interlocks power on/off with XDA-QS5400RK via Trigger I/O
- Integration-friendly features include audio sensing inputs, IR I/O and more
- 1U high, rack-wide enclosure; removable rack ears and faceplate included
- Add a high-resolution, amplified audio zone to any Control4 system
- Built-in streaming music services synchronized with EA controllers
- Network control of audio and volume over a wired or WiFi connection
- Analog and digital audio inputs support audio resolutions up to 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Volume, bass, treble, 10-band parametric EQ, balance, loudness, and mono summing
- Input gain for analog source input
- Audio sensing supports programmable events based on the presence of audio
- Built-in EQ presets for Triad speakers
- Supports native Control4 streaming services including Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Napster, Sirius XM, Deezer, and iHeartradio
- Supports built-in Control4 digital media playback including My Music, ShairBridge, and DLNA
Deep, crystal clear sound.
- Two speakers powered by two dedicated digital amplifiersThe PLAY:1 uses three state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with two speakers to deliver great sound to any room. The wireless music system provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home.
- Class-D amplifiersTwo Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- TweeterOne tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Mid-WooferOne mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
- Stereo PairTurn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home CinemaAdd two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- All-digital sound architectureAll filter settings, active equalisation, and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
- Adjustable bass and treble controlsOptimise sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
Access all your music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of chargeGet over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Endless music from the most popular online music servicesSonos works seamlessly with Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, TuneIn, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Rdio, Qobuz, Tidal and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playbackGet instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Play the music on your computer in any roomPlay music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes® music, direct from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, to any room in your home.
Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your houseWhen wirelessly connected to a BRIDGE, BOOST or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:1 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
- Humidity resistantDesigned to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Top-panel controlsProvides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don’t have a controller to hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
Control your Sonos system with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™.
- Integrated, multi-room controlIf you have multiple music players, you can control what’s playing in any room from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren’t tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Find and play your favourite songs in an instantSearch for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in your home.
- Wireless connectivityAndroid devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PCTurn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
- Built-in wireless capabilityThe PLAY:1 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- Play a different song in every room, at the same timeTune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronisationPlay the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setupNo technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:1 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless systemExpand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:1s to your house and enjoy true multi-room music.
- Simple to moveThe PLAY:1 is so small that it is easy to move to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for freeThe Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
The LS50 Wireless Music System is a complete and fully active music system. Sharing the same winning acoustic features of KEF’s renowned LS50, LS50 Wireless enables the user to easily enjoy excellent music reproduction, previously only achieved with a system comprised of separate high quality components. The LS50 Wireless features Tidal Streaming, is a Roon endpoint providing the ultimate in flexibility and connectivity, and is compatible with all music streaming services.
Inspired by the circular arrangement of time, a structured, architectural-type pattern with musical notes and symbols added to the seemingly unending depth of the rhythmic design, like a musical composition. Playing off the product name, when the lights are turned off the product continues to captivate late into the evening as selected elements glow in the dark. LS50 Wireless Nocturne. Design by Marcel Wanders. Sound by KEF.
Specially designed for custom integration of whole home audio systems, the “QS” (Quad Streamer) provides four zones of audio streaming and eight channels of high-performance audio amplification in an ultra-slim, 1U-high, rack-mountable enclosure. Expandable and extremely flexible, the QS works with the MusicCast multi-room audio system, allowing it to be linked with home theater AV receivers, sound bars and Hi-Fi gear in a wide variety of configurations.
- Designed for custom integration of a MusicCast multi-room audio system connected via Ethernet LAN in a rack or cabinet
- Streams four zones of audio per unit, expandable to 32 zones with simultaneous playback in linked groups of up to 20 zones each
- Eight channels of audiophile-grade Class D amplification assignable to any zone, bridgeable and 4-ohm capable, featuring a unique ground loop/hum-free circuit design
- Built-in Pandora®, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM Internet Radio, SiriusXM Music for Business, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more, plus access to music libraries and linked external sources
- Easy control via a free MusicCast app and 3rd-party control systems
- 1U high, rack-wide enclosure; removable rack ears and faceplate included
The WXA-50 is a flexible 2.1 channel amplifier capable of effortlessly powering any pair of speakers. Its convenient design makes it perfect to pair with in-ceiling or outdoor speakers where long speaker cable runs are not possible.
- Simply by adding to your speaker system, enjoy streaming music or a full MusicCast (multi-room audio) system
- 2.1-Channel powerful sound
- — 90 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1-ch driven)
- — 70 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2-ch driven)
- Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services
- MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components
- One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source
- Retro modern and superior quality
- 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control
- Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction
- Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8″) wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Easy installation – Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8″) and height of 42 mm (1-5/8″) (without feet).
- Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W